Point of care testing
(POCT) provides you with reliable and immediate results however, there are
times when you need lab confirmation of your non-negative results.
We have partnered with
Alere Toxicology to offer laboratory testing and lab confirmation services. The
services are billed on an on-needed basis, so there is no charge upfront and
you only pay for what you use.
Here's How It Works
1. Contact us to request laboratory
testing. Make sure to provide your name, company name, physical address, email
address and phone number and we will have an Alere Toxicology representative
2. You will receive a "Welcome to Alere" email with your new account information along with the link to the website, your username and password that you will need in order to access lab results in the future.
3. Alere Toxicology will
send you a "starter pack" of supplies which will include the
-Specimen transport baggies
-FedEx Clinical Pak Mailers
-FedEx Prepaid Airbill Forms
-On-Site Custody and
Control Forms pre-printed with your company name
4. Perform the drug test. If you get a non-negative result, make sure that the urine is in a cup and the lid is secured tightly. Place the cup with urine into the Specimen Transport Baggie.
5. Fill out the On-Site Custody and Control Form (instructions are printed on the back of the form). Include the form in the outer pouch of the Specimen Transport Baggie.
6. Carefully seal the baggie and place in the FedEx Clinical Pak and peel and stick the FedEx Airbill on the front of the Clinical Pak.
7. Call FedEx (800-463-3339) to schedule a pick up or drop off the package yourself at a FedEx staffed location. DO NOT put a Clinical Pak in a FedEx dropbox as doing so will delay your shipment, possibly damage the specimen or the package may be returned to you.
8. Alere will send you an email notification when the lab results are available. To view the results, follow the link provided in the email or go to aleredatalink.com. Use the username and password provided in your "Welcome to Alere" email. The results can be viewed online or printed from the website.
If you need additional supplies (FedEx Mailers, Specimen Transport Baggies, forms, etc. call the Alere Supply Department at 800-433-3823 or email ToxProducts@alere.com.